We are offering a repair service for portable household items of a mechanical, electrical or ceramic nature, tool sharpening and simple sewing and clothing repairs. We can advise on repair options for wooden furniture, for items which you can transport to Dinedor Village Hall yourself.
- To control the number of people arriving together outside the hall advance booking is essential. The first slot is from 10.00 to 10:30 and the last from 11:30 to 12 noon. We need to complete all repairs by 12:30, as we will need half an hour to clear and clean the hall.
- Hygiene. Items should be cleaned as far as possible. Clothing items must be washed or dry-cleaned before you bring them to us.
- Please bring your item to the reception desk at the front of the hall. We will then allocate it to the most appropriate repairer inside the hall.
- There will be a small café operating in the hall. You can wait here and enjoy tea, coffee and cake if you wish or you may leave and we will contact you by phone when your item is ready for collection. Provided the repairer also consents, you may sit with the repairer while the item is being examined and repaired.
- If you leave the hall please keep your mobile phone with you and switched on, as the repairer may need to speak to you about your item. After repair, or if your item cannot be repaired, we will ‘phone you, so you can collect it from the hall.
- Items must be collected by 12.30pm as we need to clear up the hall by 1pm.
- Repair Café South Hereford does not charge a fee, but donations towards running costs are gratefully accepted into our cash box!
Powered by Events Manager